The Mompó familywine business begins with Juan antonio Mompó Pla, at the filoxera vineyard disease in Europe. He decides to export Valencia's wine to Europe and then enters Asian and American markets, Cuba, Argentina, Japan, Philippines and China.
Luis Mompó Soriano, his son, continues the company, maintaining its international relevance in the difficult war and postwar periods.
Juan Antonio Mompó Ochoa, founder's grandson not only makes the company Spanish leader in wine export business but also creates the Spanish Wine Federation as well as being its president for forty years. He was also vice-president of Valencia's Chamber of Commerce and President of Valencia's Port, developing to its actual size and importance. Family's relay comes with Juan Antonio Mompó Gimeno, the great grandson.
Juan Antonio Mompó Gimeno spends all his career in the family company which its bought out by Bodegas y Bebidas, the leader of Spanish wines and becomes part of Allied Domecq group and later Pernod Ricard group. He was CEO of the group from 2004 to 2009, the he decides to start a new project of his own creation.
Juan Antonio Mompó Pla
- Filoxera Europe vineyard disease
- Business is installed in Valencia's port
- Argentina and Cuba commercial offices
- Wine export to Asia: China, Japan and Philippines
Luis Mompó Soriano
- Takes over the management of the company
- Great depression, war and postwar
- Keeping the family business tight
Juan Antonio Mompó Ochoa
- Foundation of Spanish wine federation
- Appointed President of Spanish wine federation
- Vinival founded
- President of Valencia´s Port
Juan Antonio Mompó Gimeno
- Vinival CEO
- Allied Domecq Wines CEO
- Member of the board DO wine Mancha and Valencia
- President of consejo de usuarios transporte marítimo
- A life award in wine (Fenavin)